If you’ve seen any of my other reviews, you may have seen me post about the Hoodie Thermal BUFF® in January, and the UV Full BUFF® in May, and you also may know that I love them. I love the colors and the function, but they can be a little bulky for the summer, so I was excited to try out the half version and compare the two!
From Buff, Inc.:
“Shorter than the Original BUFF® , the UV Half BUFF® offers style and sun protection without weighing you down. It wicks away perspiration to keep you comfortable in the gym, on the road, at the yoga studio, or on the trails. Cyclists especially love the way it sits comfortably under a helmet without bunching. “
I love all of the features that my UV BUFF® offers:
- 100% Seamless. We can all agree that tags and scratchy seams are the worst.
- Breathable & moisture-wicking. The Half BUFF® is even lighter than the full.
- Odor resistant. I’ll be honest. I don’t wash my running accessories as much as I should, so the longer they go stink-free, the better.
- Stretchy. It’s easy to get over your head, and the Half BUFF® doesn’t scrunch or get bulky.
- Wind resistant. Not as much of an issue in the summer, but man do I hate wind when it’s cold.
- UV protection. The UV BUFF® blocks 95% of UV radiation.
I think I’m a bigger fan of the Half BUFF® than the Full BUFF® for the summer. It’s lighter and easier to wear as a headband (my favorite way to wear it). It’s also easier to lose, as I thought I had almost lost my first one!
Even though it’s smaller than a full-size BUFF®, it still stays in place, which is important, too!
The Bottom Line
I’m already a huge fan of BUFF® products. You can wear them all kinds of ways in any type of weather. The Half is perfect for summer activities because it’s smaller.
Like I said in my Full BUFF® review, living at altitude in Colorado means an increase in the strength of UV rays, so I will take all the protection I can get!
The UV Half BUFF® retails for $15, has a ton of cool designs, and they last for years.